Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Her Skin White As Snow

I have always thought that my childhood was backwards, or at least kind of whacked. The age when most girls wanted to be a Disney princess, I wanted to be a Power Ranger. But now, thinking how blissful it might have been to live in a fairytale compared to this unfortunate reality, I think I'm beginning to understand the desire to be the classic, sophisticated, oh-so-perfect damsel (not in distress, mind you). Everything just seems squeaky in their world! And let's not forget those magnificent dresses they get to wear! What a feeling, for sure.

With that in mind, the inspiration that came with flipping a magazine page with Lilly Collins (as Snow White) on it was not a big surprise. After all, with her pretty face, pretty gown and pretty colorful background, who can merely spare a quick glance?

So here! My watercolor rendition of Snow White and my very own dream of strutting as a princess for a day. Quite proud of it, really :)

Reese's watercolor in tube on watercolor paper

0 comments:

Post a Comment